Matwork Teacher Training
Pilates mat teacher training is the perfect vehicle for learning the principles of the Pilates Method. It is affordable, easy to integrate into different settings, and a great way to introduce people to Pilates. At BASI we regard Pilates Mat Work as the “crown jewel” of Pilates.
The Mat Program provides a thorough education in the Pilates Mat Work and its infinite applications. It is also the perfect springboard to the Comprehensive Programs that we offer and recognised internationally. The Mat Program is often taught as a part of the Comprehensive Program and is the same curriculum for U.S. and international students.
This program is comprised of 24 hours of lecture, discussion, and exercise practice and exercise analysis divided into six modules.
Please review our Refund Policy before registering for a program.
Program schedule is subject to postponement or cancellation, based on student enrollment.
Upon completion of the program, you will be qualified to:
- Work according to the principles of Pilates and introduce them to clients and students
- Tailor comprehensive and safe Pilates mat work programs to individual and group needs
- Adapt a group mat class to different settings
- Integrate small equipment into a mat class
- Use the BASI® Block System to successfully administer mat work
Requirements for Certification
- Attendance of all Modules and class hours
- Observation: minimum 15 Hours (50% can be completed via Pilates Interactive)
- Student Teaching: minimum of 40 Hours
- Self- Practice: minimum of 30 Hours
Hours can be logged online from the Student Dashboard or logged on the Tracking Forms which are available on the Student Dashboard upon enrolment.
- Final Written Exam
- Final Practical Exam
- Final Teaching Evaluation
All requirements must be successfully completed within 12 months from the last day of the program. If the requirements are not completed within three years, the student will need to repeat 50% of the modules prior to submitting hours and receiving the BASI Mat Certificate. Auditing fees apply.
Tuition & Fees
- $1,895 AUS - Matwork course
- $500 Deposit (includes $100 Non-Refundable Administrative Fee)
*All payments can be made by direct deposit, credit card, or direct debit (fee's may apply). Please contact us to arrange payments methods
*price subject to change depending on foreign exchange rates
After the deposit, the balance is due 10 business days before the program begins.
Tuition Fees include:
- Mat Study Guide
- Mat Movement Analysis Workbook
- Final Written Exam
- Final Teaching Evaluation (see Centralised testing)
- Final Practical Exam (see Centralised testing
Additional Fees May Apply:
- Pilates Interactive Monthly Subscription - Pro Version $10 USD/ month.
- Studio Fees for Observation, Self-Practice, Student Teaching (contact host location studio for more information and fees)
- Testing to be taken on an allocated Centralised Testing day (see Centralised testing for dates and times, no fee's required for first round of testing)
- Retesting Fees apply if not successful on first round.